How to update your SIP password on a Linksys/Cisco phone that is not connected with our provisioning server.
- Log into your phones GUI(must be completed from a computer connected to the same network)
a. Locate the Phones IP
Press the options button on your phone and scroll down to the Network menu choice. In here you should find the phones ip address on the local network.
b. Go to your computer, open your web browser, and enter your phones IP i.e. http://192.168.x.x replacing the x.x part with the ip address obtained from you phone.
- Click on Admin Login (Top right )
a. You may be asked for
User Name: admin
Password: If you don't have please contact support. By email email@example.com or by phone at 866-928-4465 Options 1-3-1
- Click on the Ext 1
- Locate subscriber information.
a. Change the Password to the one supplied
- Repeat as needed to other extensions
- Click on "Submit All Changes"
To reconnect to our provisioning server.
- Click on the advanced (Top right beside Admin Login)
- Click on the Provisioning Tab and ensure 'Provision Enable' is set to yes
a. Set 'Resync Random Delay' to '0'
b. Set 'Resync Periodic' to '5'
c. Set 'Profile Rule' to: http://provision.thinktel.ca/init.cfg
Click on 'Submit All Changes'
Your Cisco/Linksys device will reboot up to four times with firmware potentially being upgraded if out of date.
Please note: It can take 10-20 minutes for your device to populate in our provisioning servers. If the process appears to be taking longer than this, the device may need to be manually rebooted by unplugging/replugging the power supply.