Forwarding services for Hosted lines
Once a forwarding is enabled, it is active until we deactivate it. The following information should explain how the different forwarding’s work.
Unavailable call forwarding, acts as a fail-over whenever your line goes down. ThinkTel recommends that this be set on all numbers, so if something does happen to your line your calls will still complete.
All of the following services are able to be applied on hosted
lines. Once the services are enabled they can be modified through self-care
under Call Manager-->Forwarding.
We can apply more than one.
- Unconditional call forward - forwards without the line ringing.
- Busy Call Forwarding - Will forward whenever the line is busy (will not work if you have voicemail as one will cancel out the other)
- Delayed Call forwarding - If no answer, the call
will be forwarded to specified number after a certain amount of time.
We can set from 6 - 3600(1hr) seconds. But if your line ever goes down it will forward like “Unavailable Call forwarding“ to specified number.
If set to 60 seconds, it will only forward for important matters. As most people hang up after 6-8 rings.
If set to 36 seconds, it will forward when you are away from the phone. About 6 rings.
- Unavailable Call forwarding – Will forward unconditionally if line ever goes down (NIS)
- Selective call forwarding - Is set if you want all anonymous numbers (for which the caller's number is withheld) to be forwarded to a specific number. i.e. voicemail.
- Find-me-follow-me (SimRing) - Will ring another number(s) at the same time that your VoIP line does.
Once the forwards are enabled you can turn them on and off with the following access codes.
For most devices # works as dial.
Unconditional Call Forwarding
Enable Code *72#
Disable code *73#
Busy Call Forwarding
Enable Code *90#
Disable code *91#
Delayed Call Forwarding
Enable Code *92#
Disable code *93#
Selective Call Forwarding
Access Code *63
Alternative Code *83
Enable Code *220#
Disable code *221#
If the SimRing above does not work try this one
Enable code *230#
Disable code *231#
Before the Unconditional, Busy, or Delayed Call Forwarding forwards can be applied a courtesy call needs to be placed.
1. Dial access code
2. There will be a high pitch tone
3. Dial destination number
4. Customer will hear "beep beep" then silence
5. Rings on the destination phone.
6. If someone picks up, the call forward is enabled. If not, repeat Steps 1-4 and the Call Forward will be enabled.
I hope this information was helpful in clarifying the different
forwarding's we offer our ThinkTel customers.
ThinkTel Support will be happy to apply one of the forwarding’s to your numbers if you supply the following information.
Set Call Forwards for
Type of forwards:
Forwarded to Number:
Duration till forward:
You may also apply the above forwarding via selfcare https://myphone.thinktel.ca