Software Requirements for Connector for Microsoft Fax and Windows Fax and Scan
Software version 8.6
Operating System: 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating system.
Windows Fax and Scan
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (all)
- Windows Server 2008 (all)
- Windows 7/8 Business, Enterprise and Ultimate (all service packs)
- Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate (all service packs)
Note: Windows Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium do not include Windows Fax and Scan.
- Windows Server 2003 (all editions, releases and service packs)
- Windows XP Professional SP2 and SP3
Prerequisite Software: The following software must be installed prior to installation of the Connector for Microsoft Fax.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2¹
- Windows Installer 3.1²
¹ Windows Vista and 2008 have Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 installed by default. It is not visible in the Add/Remove Programs list.
² Windows 2003 and newer have Windows Installer 3.1 installed by default. It is not visible in the Add/Remove Programs list.
Enabling Fax Program
Control Panel--> Programs and Features-->Turn Windows features on or off (left Column)-->Expand Print and Document Services--> Check the Fax program that comes with your Operating System.