How do I configure incoming calls to ring on my computer speakers when I have a USB device connected?
Lync allows you to have incoming calls ring on both your USB audio device and your Windows default playback device. To configure your calls to ring on computer speakers and still have your call audio route through your USB audio device, complete the following steps.
To have incoming calls ring on your computer
- In the Lync main window, click Tools, and then click Audio Device Settings.
- In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Ringtones and Sounds, and then click the Sound Settings button.
- In the Sound dialog box, click the Playback tab.
- On the Playback tab, right-click Speakers, and then click Set as Default Device.
- Right-click your USB audio device, and then click Set as Default Communication Device.
- Click OK.
- In the Lync - Options dialog box, click Audio Device.
- Under Audio Device, in the Select the device you want to use for audio calls list, verify that your USB audio device appears.
- Under Secondary ringer, select the Also ring check box, and then select Speakers from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.